top of page

Chapmanville Towers evacuated due to top-floor fire




CHAPMANVILLE A fire at a Chapmanville apartment complex caused a building-wide evacuation.


The Chapmanville Towers apartment building was evacuated Monday following a fire on the eighth floor of the complex. According to firefighters on the scene, the fire was put out by the sprinklers system that flooded the building.


No injuries reported.


Residents were transported to Chapmanville Regional High School and the Tracy Vickers Community Center. According to a press release, from the Logan County Office of Emergency Management, near 100 residents were transported to the temporary shelters.


The American Red Cross was notified and responded to the community center and the high school.


Fire crews from Chapmanville, Logan and Danville responded.

289 views

Comments


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page