top of page

Smoke detector saves two Logan County residents from structure fire


The City of Logan Fire Department responded to a fire early Saturday morning in the Sunbeam area of Logan (Photo courtesy of the City of Logan Fire Department).


Bill Lusk | WVOW News

 

LOGAN  Two residents escaped a fire that broke out at their residence early Saturday morning.

 

The City of Logan Fire Department was dispatched to Heritage Lane in Sunbeam at 2:22 a.m. Saturday morning.

 

When crews arrived on the scene, smoke was coming from the rear of a doublewide structure, according to officials.

 

Crews were able to extinguish the fire within an hour and half of arriving on the scene.

 

No injuries were reported, and the residents of the trailer said they were awakened by a smoke detector and were outside the residence when crews arrived on the scene.

 

Officials report no injuries and say if not for a working smoke detector the outcome could have turned out differently.

461 views

Comments


Commenting has been turned off.
bottom of page