top of page

House fire destroys home in Hamlin Tues.

PHOTO | West Hamlin Fire & Rescue (FB)

A structure fire in Hamlin destroyed a home in the early morning hours Tuesday.

Hamlin Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire on Baker Street Tuesday, September 6.

According to WOWK 13 News, the homeowner was asleep when the blaze began. Smoke detectors alerted the homeowner’s fiancé as a part of the home security system. She called the homeowner, waking him and saving his life.

Volunteer Fire Chief, Bobby Stickler, confirmed that the homeowner did not suffer injuries, but one pet did die in the fire.

According to the chief, the fire began on the second floor of the home. The roof caved during efforts to extinguish the flames.

The scene was attended to by the volunteer fire departments from Hamlin, West Hamlin, and Guyan River as well as Lincoln County EMS.

bottom of page